Every woman deserves to live a joyful, purpose-filled life as she ages. That means a caring community, opportunities to serve the greater good, and the ability to grow and thrive. Social interaction is also important. If your kids are spread across the U.S., you still need social connections to feel loved and worthwhile. That is a lot easier to accomplish on a smaller, community level than in a larger independent senior living environment
Here are six things that women should consider to find happiness and fulfillment as they age:
1. Feeling pampered now and then. Sometimes you want things but need help getting them done. Monthly Vibrante membership includes concierge services similar to those available at high-end hotels. Do you want tickets to a Guthrie performance? Need to make travel arrangements to visit your sister in Florida? Dinner reservations at an exclusive restaurant? Help is always available.
2. A choice of interesting activities. Just because you’re older doesn’t mean you suddenly lose interest in the things you’ve been passionate about. Our members have access to things other than bingo. If they want to register for a French cooking class, we’ll make that happen. We’ll even arrange for a private chef if they want to give a dinner party.
3. A shared living community. Yes, there are activities in those larger senior communities with hundreds of units, but if you’re not as outgoing, it may be harder to get involved. Vibrante Living offers the companionship of strong, smart, interesting women who want to live their purpose as they age. Members also have alone time in a peaceful environment.
4. An ideal setting: What brings you peace? Do you have easy access to the things that bring you joy? Every room in the house has a view of Lake Nokomis. Walking and bike paths, the library, restaurants and shopping are all nearby. With so much to do and see, every day can be an adventure.
5. Opportunities to contribute to the community. Contributing to the greater good gives life meaning. Our members will have opportunities to stay actively involved in volunteering, mentoring and other philanthropic activities.
6. Access to social worker services. As you age and may need services brought into the home, we’ll help you navigate the elder care maze. It’s a large system that can be very confusing. Thankfully we have lots of experience.
Vibrante Living as a gathering place designed for do-ers who live life on their terms, regardless of their age